Welcome to visitors from the Ovation of the Seas
Looking for a Day tour from Tauranga ?
Your cruise ship will berth at the Port of Tauranga, a beautiful scenic harbour located in the seaside resort of Mount Maunganui. A Day Tour when arriving by cruise ship is the most efficient way to see this region. Make the most of your day ashore by taking a tour around our region. Visit popular tourist attractions and scenic spots. If you want to experience Maori culture and geothermal wonders, this is the port to do it.
Rotorua is just a one-hour drive away and in a different direction Hobbiton is also a one-hour drive.
You will be treated to a full day’s adventure before returning in time for your ship’s departure. Have a look at the most popular Tours from Amazing Day Tours (Rated number one on Trip Advisor)
People often ask what should we bring on a Day Tour Tauranga, Rotorua and Hobbiton We would suggest the following.
- Comfortable ClothingNew Zealand is not a formal country so casual comfortable clothing is the norm.
- Light JacketIt is said layers are a traveller’s best friend. At times during spring and Autumn the weather can be changeable so be prepared.
- Bring good Walking ShoesMany of our day tours Tauranga and Rotorua enjoy easy walking sections for all ages so good walking shoes are recommended. Some of the walking is over uneven surfaces. If you have a walking disability let us know in advance and we can ensure you get the best views and experience for your day
- Be Sunsmart on your day Tours Tauranga and RotoruaBring Sun Hat/ Sunglasses/ Sunscreen In high summer, the sunshine in New Zealand is really strong. You’ll burn more easily here in New Zealand than in the northern hemisphere. New Zealand sunlight can have high levels of ultraviolet (UV) so be prepared There is less ozone here to block the UV rays that cause sunburn. Earth’s orbit takes it closer to the sun during the southern summer than during the northern summer. There is less pollution in the southern-hemisphere to block the UV rays.
- Bring your swim wearWithin walking distance of the port of Tauranga gates are some of the best beaches in New Zealand and also geothermally heated hot pools. Often at the end of a tour to Rotorua and or Hobbiton there is time for a dip before returning to your cruise ship.
- I-pad I-phoneDuring the day you will be able to access free Wi-Fi download emails and and catch up on the news from home.
- Camera and I-phone I-padThere will be a great many photo opportunities to capture those memories of your trip.
It’s a good idea to pre-book your shore excursion and regional day tour Tauranga to avoid missing out as only limited spaces are available.